What Will You Be A Part Of?
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Position Description
How Will You Get Here?
- Manager of Site Support Staff
Other Qualifications (not required but a plus)
- 7-10+ years of experience supporting IT Services infrastructure within a large environment
- Experience leading projects and delegating daily work tasks under direction of leadership
- Experience deploying, supporting and troubleshooting issues with hardware including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multifunction devices
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with internal customers and all levels of management in a non-technical manner
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and "take ownership of issues and task"
- Completion of Thermo Fisher Management Courses or equivalency
What Will You Do?
- Knowledge of current Cisco video conference equipment
- Science / Technical Diploma, B.E. preferred
- ITIL certification(s)
- Work in a regulated Environment.
- Manage/supervise FTE's and contingent workers (remotely or at same location) in providing
- Have regularly scheduled one on one's with staff to
- Solicit feedback on career interests and development
- Providing feedback for improvement
- Track progress on individual goals and projects assigned
- Coaching on stretch goals and opportunities
- Ensure team remains compliant with global, regional and local policies, ensuring proper quality and compliance with their objectives.
- Ensure team members keep control of IT assets, recording all movements and updates in order to know their current condition and location at all times.
- Queue management - ticket creation / categorization / prioritization
- Provide needed desk side support and daily IT leadership guidance for regional key sites
- Possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Partner with IT Support Leadership and Regional IT Manager to provide escalations and relay needed recommendations to improve processes and procedures to add efficiencies
- Partner and assist with global issues as needed
- Organizational Training requirements are met and up to date for self and staff
- Monitor the ticketing system and ensure timely assistance is provided to business end users
- Measure performance of team using metrics from ticketing system and other means
- Maintain and develop relationships with external vendors for Technical Support issues or claims (telephone service problems, specific equipment technical service, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Build relationships with other ETO IT support resources and Business IT resources
- Advise end users (including executives) on technology best practices and perform preventative maintenance in conjunction with Global IT standards and Leadership IT Support recommendations
- Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans
- <25% travel may be needed
- Setup, support and train end-users on mobile devices and wireless technology
- Setup Audio/visual and computer equipment as requested on or offsite
- Providing resolutions for users and business applications
- Manage end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, change control processes, and regulatory compliance
- Interface and take initiative to escalate as needed with 3rd party suppliers and internal IT teams to provide "smart hands" assistance for servers and phones. Work with business partners and other IT support teams to schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Interact with users/customers, through different communication means, in order to identify problems and/or understand the needs of each person.
- Deploy, support and troubleshoot issues with equipment including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multi-function devices
- Analyze the performance of the supported devices, identify and report issues to the appropriate support groups
Posting ID: 588108716Posted: 2020-11-19