The Executive Assistant position will support the VP/GM of the Single Use Technology business unit and the VP/GM of the Bioprocess Equipment & Automation strategic business segment within The BioProduction Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The successful candidate will provide a variety of standard administrative support functions and will be involved in and help coordinate team meetings, special projects and executive initiatives. They will be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required. Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Function as the primary interface for the VP/GM of Single Use Technology and VP/GM of Bioprocess Equipment & Automation. May also provide support to other members of the leadership team as needed. Interface professionally with other key leaders, customers, and employees.
- Manage and maintain multiple executive calendars, including recurring meetings, prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
- Proactively manage communication (emails, phone calls, necessary follow-up); screen telephone or email inquiries, communicate messages, redirect calls and respond to urgent inquiries from the group and division level leadership, corporate office, global sites, and internal/external stakeholders over multiple time zones.
- Coordinate complex and multi-leg travel (accommodations, local transportation and passport/visa requirements). Proactively anticipate potential travel issues and manage accordingly.
- Process and track expenses in a timely manner for the executives.
- Provide exceptional attention to detail. Anticipate potential changes or shifts in priorities amidst simultaneous demands for attention.
- Schedule and coordinate complex meetings. This includes but is not limited to, attendee communications, venue management/coordination, audio/video set-up and management as needed, catering and program material preparation.
- Provide overall data management. Solicit needed data from multiple sources, organize and compile in formats to facilitate analysis and presentation. Establish, update and maintain files, inventories, records, etc., as necessary, including paper, electronic and other platforms as needed.
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables, proactively following up on outstanding items as needed.
- Provide innovative, creative and time-tested methods and procedures for fostering continuing improvement to practices or processes.
- Uphold the strictest confidentiality on information gleamed as part of responsibilities. Handle highly confidential information and documents with discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaborate and drive results in a complex global organization during times of change, evolution, and transformation. Demonstrate an adaptive and flexible work style shown to be effective working across varied types of clients, senior level leaders and front line team members that are geographically dispersed.
- Complete projects, special assignments, other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of administrative experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment supporting senior executives.
- Proven to be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and within a team to identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative and successful solutions. Proactive in identifying issues and solutions.
- Previous success at building strong organizational relationships and fostering teamwork.
- Positive "can-do" attitude and the ability to work within a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, authentic, approachable, and diplomatic in nature. Proven ability to interact successfully with varying levels in and outside the organization in a demeanor that is representative of the leadership team.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams. Willingness and ability to learn company-specific software or system tools. Fluency and comfort in making presentations, and in executing within Excel, i.e., can manipulate pivot tables, create formulas, etc.
- Comfort and ability to thrive in environments that may present multiple and simultaneous demands for attention; ability to prioritize effectively in these situations.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Ability to work to deadlines or address priorities even if after work hours (as needed).
Posting ID: 588108737Posted: 2020-11-19