This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties for the business, including: install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment, according to safety, preventive, predictive and productive maintenance systems. You will be responsible for providing direct support to Process Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers, Operations Manufacturing and Assembly teams.Essential Functions
Follow all safety and cGMP requirements.
Perform on-call and after hours maintenance activities as required.
Perform regular preventive maintenance (PM) on machines, equipment and plant facilities. Document PM's in Maximo.
Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and facility equipment.
Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to minimize "line-interruption" events and perform scheduled maintenance and service repairs of production equipment.
Perform simple fabrication duties and responsibilities.
Perform mechanic tasks, including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting and repair of production machines and ancillary support equipment.
Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments to plant equipment and ancillary support equipment.
Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Detect faulty operations, defective material and risk to final product and report those, and any other unusual situations, to proper supervision.
Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvement), Lean and Continuous Improvement, and 5S activities
Perform calibration activities.
Perform certification of clean rooms and controlled areas.
Repair instrumentation electronics and equipment as requested.
On occasion research, order and receive special tools and equipment to support the continuous improvement process.
Support execution of new equipment validation tests as needed.
Support modification and validation of existing equipment as needed. Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve self, and train others
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to contribute to the business and its team
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Able and willing to following work instructions, work orders and test protocols
- Takes initiative to maintain cleanliness and organization
- Ability to effectively solve complex technical problems
- Ability to remain calm and effectively resolve potentially harmful/stressful situations
- Very hands-on work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- 7+ years' experience in a factory setting with equipment maintenance or post high school education or training
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work independently and on a team to achieve established project goals
- Effective oral and written communication, planning, and organization skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Experience with hand tools/drill press/calipers/micrometers
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/prints
- Experience in Lock Out Tag Out and Arc Flash
Additional Qualifications (Plus)
- Experience in creation of mechanical/electrical assembly and test fixtures
- Knowledge of HVAC, chiller systems, steam systems; hydraulic press
- Knowledge of electric and/or hydraulic plastic-injection press operation would be a plus
- Knowledge of vacuum and/or DI water systems
- Knowledge of PLC and VFD programming would be a plus
- Knowledge and understanding different types of potential energy
- Knowledge in common calibrated disciplines: temperature, humidity, pressure, flow, time, mass, electrical, and dimensional measurements and calibrations.