When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
The position is based in Ann Arbor, MI and is part of the extended Software and Informatics team within the Clinical Sequencing Division. The mission of this business unit is to develop next-generation sequencing based solutions to support research applications in oncology and other important unmet medical needs. How will you make an impact?
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. What will you do?
You will join a team of talented engineers and scientists, passionate about bringing actionable insights to precision oncology. Your primary responsibility will be to support the onsite IT infrastructure (Linux systems and network configuration), setup and maintain workstations (Windows and Mac), and collaborate with global IT staff to resolve IT issues and implement global security and system policies. How will you get here?
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with 3 years work experience, or graduate from a Technical school plus 2 years of work experience.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software, hardware and network systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must possess Linux operating system configuration and administration experience
- Setup and maintenance of Windows and Mac workstations and managing user accounts
- VMware configuration and management
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with servers and workstations
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and take initiative
- Ability to effectively communicate with global IT staff to resolve issues and implement global IT policies
- Ability to establish and maintain thorough and accurate documentation of all work
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588108797Posted: 2020-11-19