Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.Location/Division Specific Information:
How will you make an impact?
- South San Francisco, Ca.
- Genetic Testing Solutions
A multi-skilled lab scientist to join a growing team in our Genetic Testing Solutions group who will work as part of a dynamic team of R&D, Laboratory Management, and Quality Assurance professionals to ensure procurement, receipt, handling, and organization of internal and external samples designated for clinical product development. They will work closely with project teams executing on EUA and IVD product submissions. What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Responsible for the management of patient specimens and other samples including ordering, receiving, organizing, distributing and tracking.
- Samples will include potentially infectious materials to he handled in a BSL-2 with appropriate PPE.
- Order samples through vendors in partnership with the Sourcing, Merchandising, and Design teams.
- Manage internal tracking for real time status of samples, from delivery across projects and through final archiving.
- Perform quality testing on reagents, analyzing and recording results in database according to established procedures. Prepare other reagents as necessary.
- Monthly inventory and organization of sample freezers, including archiving dated samples and processing samples for in-house studies.
- Support sample management system maintenance and quality control.
- Responsible for proficiency in all related department SOP's, with general knowledge of the receiving processes.
- Maintain up to date training records on all procedures and protocols applicable to work duties.
- Adhere to all departmental SOPs, policies, safety procedures and protocols.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- A degree in a Biological Sciences discipline or a related field with 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Experience and comfort handling clinical specimens such as human bodily fluids and tissues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across several teams and sites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with sample management software would be an asset
- Working knowledge of and experience with GLP and ISO13485 laboratory standards would be an asset
- Must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working in bio-repository/ a bio- specimen management role is preferred.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588108932Posted: 2020-11-19