Manager of Facilities & MetrologyRequisition ID:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Reports to:
Director of FacilitiesGroup / Division:
Facilities / EngineeringCareer Band:
Facilities/Real EstateJob Track:
Carlsbad, CA How will you make an impact?
The ThermoFisher Scientific Carlsbad site is a multi-product and multi-client biopharmaceutical site with manufacturing facilities for pharmaceutical products for both (pre)clinical trials and commercial applications.
The Manager of Facilities & Metrology is an expert in his/her field of expertise and is regarded as such within the wider ThermoFisher Scientific Biologics network. The Manager of Facilities & Metrology fulfills several critical roles; Oversite of the Facilities, Oversite of Metrology, Oversite of Site Services and Security, Oversite of the CMMS team, team leadership, Management of some facility capital projects, personnel development and general site technical leadership.
The Manager of Facilities & Metrology role is part of the Facilities staff and reports to the Director of Facilities. What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Works closely with finance to meet financial departmental budgets
- Generates standard work plans/flows for Facilities & Metrology functions and ensures execution of all required work streams
- Actively promotes safety among the department team members and responsible for department adhering to plant safety metrics
- Works closely with Quality, Manufacturing, Validation, Engineering and Site Management to execute projects and maintenance without impeding production.
- Develops staff through development plans, setting objectives and enabling personal growth and training opportunities
- Ensure KPI's set by upper management are met
- Responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of all buildings onsite
- Insure that all projects and maintenance tasks are performed according to current fire life and safety requirements
- Responsible for maintaining department work orders and completion rates
- Works with Engineering and the Director to establishing capital equipment requisitions
- Responsible for oversite of the Metrology Department
- Responsible for the oversite of the Facilities Department
- Responsible for the oversite of Site Services and Security
- Responsible for the oversite of the CMMS team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Bio) or equivalent training and related degree. MBA preferred
- 8+ years of industry experience or experience in a similar industry, 10-15 years is preferred
- 5-7 years of prior and recent supervisory experience
- Green-Belt training is preferred
- CFM preferred
- Industrial, Mechanical and Computer Systems
- Mentors and Develops employee's
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588109046Posted: 2020-11-26