When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?
The Operations Sr. Program Manager (PM) manages and coordinates various high visibility and cross functional projects programs for Thermo Fisher Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) Operations. Projects range in scope across supply chain, distribution, sourcing and manufacturing; covering process development & improvement, and IT systems implementation. The PM will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects that will range from requirements, project charter, scope, deliverables, budget and management of all project related activities from initiation through project closure.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The PM is responsible for providing data and input necessary for proper project prioritization as well as managing the full project life cycle (initiation through project closure). The PM coordinates with the various LSG Operations and non-ops functions, where applicable, to establish project teams, communicate and collaborate with project sponsors, and provide structure and project discipline to the initiation, planning, execution and closure of assigned projects.
The PM is responsible for managing project scope, deliverables and communications to stakeholders which will include executive level reporting and presentations. The PM will work with the project and finance teams to establish project financials including capital and expense cost estimates and project benefit financials. The PM will work closely with functional managers to select project team lead members through the project life cycle to successful completion of assigned projects. What will you do?
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with sponsor and/or senior management
- Create a detailed work plan
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule (and other key project deliverables) with peers, senior management and all other staff impacted by the project activities.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Developing and leading the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications
- Use of appropriate project planning tools e.g. Microsoft Project (or PMO selected project portfolio management tool) to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities
- In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the project
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate and where approved
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule (operating mechanisms) to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Conduct peer reviews with the Ops PMO team to share best practices and lessons learned during project execution
- Publish status reports on the project for management and sponsors
- Lead core team and stakeholder meetings
- Identify and monitor project issues and risks; mitigate as appropriate
- Monitor and report all budgeted project expenditures
How will you get there?
- Ensure that the project deliverables are completed on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Document lessons learned during all phases of the project and conduct post-project lessons learned reviews
- Hold project closure meeting
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred
- PMP Certification a plus
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience in project and program management required
- Process improvement skills and experiences required (such as PPI, Lean Six Sigma)
- Broad knowledge of Operations or in-depth knowledge of supply chain, sourcing, distribution or logistics
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Posting ID: 588109056Posted: 2020-11-19