When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Final packaging of products according to SOPs, cGMPs, FDA standards and internal specifications
- Additional day to day activities as assigned, including but not limited to;
- Inventory management
- Performance monitoring
- cGMP labeling operations
- Equipment operation including, but not limited to: pallet jack, labelers, box taping machine, bubble wrap machine, shrink wrappers, etc. to ensure safe, efficient packaging of finished goods
- Collaboration with other departments
- Accurate and consistent cGMP documentation
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
- Manage and continually improve the packaging processes
- Manage the quality of product by implementing effective processes in packaging
- Develop direct reports by providing challenging tasks and assignments; provide developmental feedback
- Direct others through establishing direction; distribute workload; provide clear communication
- Manage workflow by assigning responsibilities for tasks; set clear objectives and provide feedback
- Supervise the packaging processes and ensure compliance to all safety, GMP and other regulatory requirements
- Direct the daily workload to ensure schedule adherence while managing available resources and maintaining efficiency using developed tools to ensure success.
- Facilitate the appropriate completion of the batch record based on regulatory compliance using the ALCOA principle.
- Direct the shift handoff for the incoming shift and outgoing shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Build and develop and disciplined workforce that adheres to all applicable procedures and Work Instruction Documents
- Improve the production process by utilizing tools outlined in the PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving abilities
- Ability to mentor, train, motivate and coach
- Ability to identify waste using LEAN principles, delegate and improve processes,
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Previous experience working in an manufacturing environment
- Continuous Improvement Certification is a plus (i.e. Six Sigma)
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years post high school education or 4+ years of applicable industry experience required
- 1 year experience leading a team in a manufacturing work environment
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced warehouse environment 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required
- Specific gowning is required including: hair & beard net and face cover, safety toe shoes, and the like.
- Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene
- Must have ability to do the following activities
- Follow all safety protocols
- Stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
- Use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, and pulling
- Infrequently lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds max unassisted
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588109122Posted: 2020-11-19