Operations Business Analyst Intern
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services-from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in manufacturing to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Operational Excellence in Manufacturing & Production is carried out by dedicated, team-oriented professionals who want to make a difference.
The intern will partner with Sr. Ops Manager and the engineering organization to drive improvements to the value stream. Day to day operations would include but are not limited to, running data analytics, supporting manufacturing, creating standard work documentation, and leading teams to build process aimed to eliminate waste. The experience will be very hands on and will require analyzing ambiguous sets of data. Summary of Role
- Build data automation and system processes aimed to eliminate non-value add operations.
- Leverage SQL to create connections between MAPICS XA (RF &R9) and power BI in efforts to build comprehensive data analytics network for the value stream
- Partner with our sourcing team to simplify supply chain models. Drive reduction in number of open suppliers and build process to improve supplier On Time Delivery.
- Students who are completing a Bachelor's/Master's degree between December 2021 and Spring 2022
- Preferred majors: Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Operations Business Management
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in manufacturing/operations
- Related work or internship experience preferred
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Posting ID: 588109128Posted: 2020-11-19