When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
Unity Lab Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer's laboratory's business needs.This position is located in South San Francisco, CA.This position currently has the hours of 1pm-9pm.How will you make an impact?
As a Senior Site Specialist, you'll be a part of the important work being done in the lab by supporting and servicing our customers onsite. What will you do?
- Deliver inbound packages or freight to various locations throughout site
- Working with end user community to coordinate shipments and deliveries
- Receiving, unloading and processing of incoming packages
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and follow direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Glassware & Autoclave Management
- Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs, wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas
- Maintain good house keeping
- Reporting production metrics to management
- Work in a GMP glassware environment
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
- Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
How will you get here?Education:
- Participate in projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in laboratory settings or services.
- Experience in GLP/GMP environments preferred
- 2-3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Works at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking is required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 pounds consistently.
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Working hours: 1pm-9pm
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 588109158Posted: 2020-11-19