Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?
Successfully manage key customer programs to facilitate the organization delivering on commitments. Requires successfully leading a cross functional team in all matters related to the development, characterization, technical transfer and commercialization of the biologic manufacturing processes. The position requires a highly motivated and tenacious, self-starter who is able to assimilate new information quickly and enjoys working closely with others within a fast-paced environment. This role interacts significantly with the customer as the primary point of contact, representing both the interests of the business and the customer. The individual must have technical knowledge, as well as traditional program management and leadership skills.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education/Experience:
- Plan and deliver all stages of the project within a matrix organization, including, but not limited to; the introduction of new products into the facilities, process development, analytical method development and qualification, equipment purchase and for overseeing the preparation for, execution of and close out of development and non-GMP confirmation batches.
- Resolve project team issues and facilitate decision making within the team. Drive progress to completion to the required standard (both internally and with the customer).
- Communicate regularly with the business team, Patheon technical team, and customer team. Report on the initially agreed upon customer and internal milestones and share progress, issues, and risks.
- Track and manage the financial aspects of the project including milestone payments, pass through costs and FTE estimates to ensure that we are on time and on budget.
- Responsible for maturing program and project management tools and templates on an annual basis.
- BS degree in a relevant scientific discipline. Higher education (Graduate degree, MBA) is highly desired.
- 5-7 years of related experience in Project Management, or a minimum of 2-5 years in pharmaceutical Manufacturing/Development with at least 2 years of experience managing projects within the Manufacturing/Development function.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- 2+ years of proven leadership capabilities, direct or indirect.
- Certifications desired but not required. (PMP, Six Sigma, or equivalent).
- Experience with cGMP manufacturing highly desirable.
- Benefits to have understanding of Contract Manufacturing Operations for Development, Clinical, and Commercial biopharmaceuticals.
- Possess scientific understanding necessary to actively contribute to technical reviews / discussions at the core team level and explain / defend the discussion and conclusions.
- Able to comprehend and interpret technical and business documents and apply to appropriate actions.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, tracking, and reporting for projects vs. the allocated budgets.
- Able to communicate with all levels in small and large group settings and influence actions and drive results within a matrix environment.
- Able to lead teams in a high paced, rapidly changing environment, while maintaining order and a larger picture perspective.
- Able to interact and communicate with internal and external senior management and explain topics/decisions in the appropriate context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 588109539Posted: 2020-11-19