We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join an exciting new project team working on consumer products. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
What you will do here?
You will join a recently formed and rapidly expanding team that owns cross-platform development on a new product.
In this role you will:
* Have a test-first mentality to prevent issues from affecting customers. You understand the nuances and challenges with cross-platform development.
* Write maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews, write technical design documents, and participate in technical design discussions.
* Work in a team environment to collaborate and strive for consensus by making data-driven decisions.
* Advocate for code re-usability across multiple products. Have the ability to span the full-stack whenever necessary.
* Work in an Agile environment to continuously deliver high quality software.
* Have a high attention to detail, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to drive measurable results.
What you will get from us?
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you to solve problems at Amazon scale. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You will build software that will improve people's lives.Basic Qualifications
* 4+ years of professional software development experience
* 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 588487205Posted: 2021-01-19