Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our Federal Government customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and senior developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon Federal customer needs.
We are looking for hands-on application architects and developers who will:
* Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
* Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
* Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like APIGateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
* Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
* Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
* Advise on implementing AWS best practices
* Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
* Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
* BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
* 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
* Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.