The last Mile Network is powered by our delivery drivers who play a critical role as a face of Amazon in delivering packages to customers' doorsteps. Amazon's Last Mile Experience Design team The Last Mile Experience Design team is responsible for the design of applications, tools and services that enable delivery execution, monitor delivery networks, and run delivery stations.
Amazon's Last Mile Experience Design team is looking for a problem-solving, forward-thinking UX Design Manager. In this role, you will support the design management of delivery execution applications, manage a team of designers, work with multiple Last Mile businesses to integrate UX and Business Logic in world class designs that will improve delivery quality and productivity for amazon's Last Mile. In addition to software UX Design, design of services and delivery programs will be an essential part of the responsibilities.
You will work with talented product managers, software developers, and operations partners in an agile environment to develop product concepts, define requirements and priorities, build and launch to market. Our design team is multi-disciplinary, and operates at an extremely interesting intersection of software, physical environments, logistics and service design. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, customer obsession, ability to influence, and exceptional communication skills are essential to success in this role.
* Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces and service design in a collaborative environment.
* Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
* Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
* Provide thought leadership in the design of the visual style, interface, and interactions in applications and experiences,
* Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
* Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
* Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.
* Manage a team of designers and foster career growth and design excellence for the team.
* 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
* 3+ years of experience in managing UX Design teams, developing, implementing, and governing design management processes, and leading Design programs and mechanisms.
* Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
* A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions, and building and managing design teams with vision.
* Experience designing for the mobile device experiences and design system management.
* Experience in design thinking methodologies, from research, design, to building tangible outcomes.
* Proficiency with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop or similar.
* Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.