Location: Salinas, CA
Team: Program Management - Program Management Team /
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is seeking a talented Administrative Assistant! Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency, providing a wide array of quality services for persons with developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to partner with our management team overseeing our programs.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more!
About this Administrative Assistant position:
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the Administrative Assistant position.
1. Typing and clerical work of a varied and specialized nature, including letters, memos, case histories, reports, lists, mailings, etc.
2. Assemble information from various sources and enter information onto a variety of forms and reports (including computer forms) such as purchase orders, invoices, check requests, sub hours, staff attendance, etc. and create additional forms as needed.
3. Maintain and process information and reports required for staff and client payroll, billing and invoicing. Maintain and verify program records, databases and files, i.e., client records, attendance, budget data, office files, staff/personnel records, etc.
4. Attends case review meetings and assures departmental compliance with record development and record keeping procedures and policies.
5. Answer phones, take messages, screen and distribute mail and use a variety of office machines, including computer, printer, copier, fax and calculator.
6. Attend staff meetings and take minutes when requested.
7. Provide clerical support to program staff and participate in agency support staff committee. Monitor and order office supplies and request maintenance or janitorial services.
8. Develop and maintain program handbook and desk procedure manual.
9. Assures completion of special projects as assigned.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to insure efficiency of program services.
Minimum Qualifications :
The Administrative Assistant should possess a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience working in an office environment.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment.
2. Ability to organize time, set priorities and complete assignments.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
4. Ability to relate with clients, public and staff in a positive manner.
5. Ability to exercise good judgement, self-pace and work with a minimum of supervision.
6. Basic computer knowledge in Windows 98, Work 97, Excel 97, and Access 97.
7. Type 55 wpm.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Typical office environment, equipment and tasks. Significant amount of time spent at computer station, typing, long periods of intense concentration. Constant review of documentation and reports, frequent phone use, constant interruption.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.