Resident Care Manager/RN
Full-Time Day Shift Available
Avamere Crestview of Portland
6530 SW 30th Ave
Portland, OR 97239
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility. Responsibilities/Qualifications/Skillset
- Participate in the development of a written plan of care for each resident and review resident's medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident's care plan and wishes.
- Complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAA's and Triggers.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
- Review nurses' notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and the resident's response to care and wishes.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all facility personnel to ensure that the needs of the resident are met.
- Participate in reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Delegate, train, evaluate and support RN, LPN and CNA personnel.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services and fill in as needed.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Make recommendations for new or changes in procedures, policies, methods, education, reference material and general nursing practices to ensure the highest level of quality patient care is given.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Nestled in the bustling, beautiful city of Portland, Oregon sits Avamere Crestview of Portland. This location offers skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care. Avamere Crestview of Portland features 127 skilled nursing beds. Amenities include 24-hour staff, private transportation services, a Resident Council, a library, and an extensive activities calendar. Their engaging employee culture fosters trust and fun through their team, residents, and those just stopping by for a visit.
"I love the family-team vibe that I feel when I come to work. " - Cierra, CNA
"I find my job very rewarding . I love our residents and staff, they're like my second family ." - Trisha, House k eeping Manager
"Here at Crestview of Portland, residents aren't just another face or patient. I get to learn their story and be a part of their journey." - Joshua, Director of Medical Records
"I never expected t o walk away with bits of wisdom each day working at Crestview of Portland. I could never have guessed just how much my own life would be impacted by getting to know residents. So many stories, experiences, and lessons to learn. It's truly amazing." - Chazmyne , Admin Assistant
Team members appreciate that there are always opportunities for education and networking which can help you get to where you want to go. Avamere offers several programs to help in career development, including tuition assistance and mentorship. Many employees who began in entry-level positions, like a CNA, have gone on to have advanced positions, like a resident care manager.
Avamere Crestview of Portland is a team-oriented community and prides itself on longevity; many team members have been at the community for over 10 years, with one employee putting in over 30 years of service!
The American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Crestview of Portland for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program
Get to know more about Avamere Crestview of Portland on their blog
and on Facebook.