The Customer Experience Strategy team is looking for a design technologist to help drive the next wave of innovation, shape the future of building customer insights products, and drive massive change for our customers.
The Customer Experience Strategy team is a global organization that inspects, measures, and drives improvements to Amazon's customer experiences and presents recommendations to senior leaders in order to drive change and solve complex customer experience issues. Our business customers stretch the entire breadth of Amazon-including Retail, Seller, Digital (Kindle, Alexa, Video, Music, Fire TV), AWS and includes both core product owners and VP/SVP senior leaders.
As a design technologist, you will be working with cross-functional teams (e.g., product managers, engineers, and customer insights managers) to iterate and improve our existing web-based products based on customer feedback, build low and high-fidelity prototypes and develop working samples that creatively solve difficult problems applying the right technologies, UX patterns and best practices. Your solutions are customer-focused, simple, and intuitive, and demonstrate feasibility in production systems. Your scope of work is on medium-to-large projects (e.g., product features) where the product strategy is often defined, but the UX and technology approach is not. You engage proactively with stakeholders to define requirements and deadlines. Our ideal candidate loves building product software, is self-directed, knows how to get things done, and is not afraid to take on big and bold challenges.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and are skilled in using data and creating insights to make decisions. You are a leader in the never-ending process of improving team standards, writing documentation and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high-level of autonomy. You can translate business requirements into bar raising customer experiences. Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Define, ideate, build, and launch tools and products that allow the customer experience strategy teams to gain new CX and product insights across marquee businesses like Alexa, Video, Music, Retail, Seller, etc.
* Participate in the strategic planning process for developing new features and products and help develop artifacts for our product go-to-market strategy.
* Own an end-to-end custom development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective.
* Develop wireframes, and interactive prototypes, and create UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity.
* Be a champion for user-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users; and be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing with limited guidance.
* Lead internal sessions, customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
* Play a key role in influencing software products and features with a focus on proposing UX solutions that others haven't thought of, and refining solutions to ensure that they are meeting customer's needs.
* Solve difficult UX problems and use a wide range of technologies and front-end programming languages (e.g., React).
* Understand how technical decisions influence UX decisions and vice versa, and can act as a bridge between technical (e.g., SDEs, FEEs, TPMs, etc.) and non-technical (e.g. Product Manager, etc.) partners.
* Work is consistently of a high quality (e.g., functional, performant, low-defects, etc.), delivered at the right level of fidelity, and incorporates engineering and UX best practices.
* Make improvements to a team's operational, development and prototyping processes.
Come join a team of bright, passionate, and customer obsessed individuals who are having fun and making history from within a start-up like environment. We'd love to talk to you!
* Bachelor's Degree
* An online portfolio or sample of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
* 2+ years of experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, graphic designer, UX prototyper or equivalent experience.
* Coding samples in front-end programming languages (e.g., React).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.