Responsive Amazon Fulfillment Technology (RAFT) team engineers and owns the foundational software tools and services used by other software teams to build, deploy and managed applications on mobile devices at Amazon Fulfillment Centers worldwide. Our software solutions are relied upon by hundreds of thousands of associates at thousands of locations across the world and are critical to the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers. We recently started expanding our tools and services to support more mobile devices to meet our customers' growing needs.
Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from driving large scale software initiatives, with direct and visible impacts across all of Amazon? Do you like to lead and develop a team of talented engineers? Do you like working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? If you answer yes, then RAFT is the perfect opportunity for you.
A successful candidate will have an established track record of developing and delivering complex distributed software systems, a keen technical aptitude, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
* Thinking big and working with leadership and business stakeholders to define strategy and roadmap.
* Management and execution against roadmap, project plans and delivery commitments
* Owning all metrics around initiative goals you will define. We make decisions based on data.
* Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
* Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
* Customer Obsession
* Thinks big
* Exhibits excellent judgment
* Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
* Hires and develops great people
* Strong results orientation
* Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
Come be a part of a foundational team in the Amazon fulfillment experience, and make changes with impact on the experience of our customers across the world.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in managing engineering teams and software application development.
* Knowledge and experience in leading Android software development
* A deep understanding of software development, architecture, and infrastructure.
* Exposure to Agile and Scrum development methodologies
* Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 588671883Posted: 2021-01-16