We're hiring Advisory consultants in our Professional Services (ProServe) organization that can be obsessed about our customers and the "non-technical" elements of their cloud transformation journey. Our ProServe Advisory consultants will engage with customers to help them establish their overall cloud journey vision, their business drivers, how they want to operate in the future, their roadmap to get there, and then help them execute upon that vision and roadmap.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Our ProServe Advisory consultants will have the vision to map out a customer's entire cloud journey, but then help dive deep in with the customer on the "Business Capabilities" that are required as part of their journey (AWS Cloud Adoption Framework perspectives; Business, Governance, and People).
This role is aligned to an Enterprise / Business Architect advisor that helps organizations look at the overall transformation elements required in a customer's journey and how they engage the business as part of their journey.
* Engage with the IT and business executives for our customers and advise them on the right non-technical changes required in their journey with AWS.
* Create scalable and reusable change management templates and deliverables, stakeholder assessments, change impact analyses, communication plans, learning plans, etc. that can be leveraged and used by ProServe consultants and partners worldwide.
* Ability to have one or more deep dives in; business case development, business architecture, organizational change management, IT Governance, data center migrations, ITSM, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, PMBOK, or IT process & compliance.
* Engage deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide transformation programs.
* Identify motivators and drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers; Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud.
* Collaborate with other ProServe specialist teams to drive and shape solutions to accelerate our customer's business outcomes
* Develop and promote governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies.
* Enable the People change critical to sustained business performance: Skills, Capabilities, and organizational design
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
* Be great fun to work with at AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
* Enjoy working with Public Sector customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of government customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
* Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT operations, cloud computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or enterprise architecture
* Written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
* Strong Program Management capabilities
* Bachelor's degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.