Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings such as storage/boiler rooms, parking lots, public areas, banquet rooms and guest rooms including but not limited to: buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, washing windows, empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems, including but not limited to: replacing worn or defective parts such as switches, fuses, faucets and valves.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment such as truck, vacuum cleaners, and riding mower.
- Monitors swimming pools and makes adjustments so there is proper sanitation and chemical usage.
- Cuts grass and trims weeds, constructs decorative flower garden borders, digs flower beds and plants flowers on property.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks to keep them clean and clear of obstacles.
- Repairs, paints, or replaces building interior walls, trim, wood, brick, stone, and concrete.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Greets guests in a warm, friendly manner and corrects any maintenance concerns quickly and efficiently to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure prompt response to guest requests for services and repairs.
- Assists in the security of the property including vehicles, tools, furniture, supplies, key cards and guests.
- Uses all materials, chemicals and tools safely to avoid waste, unnecessary damage or accidents.
- Participates in property safety and preventative maintenance programs to ensure a safe, hazard free working environment.
- Assist with setting up, tearing down and cleaning banquet and meeting rooms as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Part-time position and nights and weekends may be required.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers, employees and general public. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, volume, basic weight and decimals. Ability to count, add, multiply, calculate change using American units of money. Ability to accurately handle cash, credit cards and checks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: May require: Valid Drivers License, Certified Pool Operator and HVAC certificates and or licenses depending on business unit.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle, grasp or type. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; talk or hear; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and frequently works with moving mechanical parts and power tools or power equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; temperature extremes from boilers and hot water heaters; blood-borne pathogens; and various types of driving conditions and occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.