Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking an experienced Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting. The role is located at Bed Bath & Beyond's Corporate headquarters in Union, NJ
Bed Bath & Beyond, is the leading Omni-Channel retailer, offering high quality and differentiated products, and services and solutions for the home and heart-felt life events through its multiple retail channels.
The External Reporting and Technical Accounting team works in a fast paced and collaborative environment. This role will work closely with various other groups within the organization, including finance, treasury, tax, and investor relations. We are looking for people who are hungry for both professional and personal growth! Responsibilities:
- Draft and review disclosures for various SEC Filings, including Forms 10-Ks and 10-Qs, including coordinating, and preparing support data, creating MD&A analyses, and partnering with business teams for review.
- Review filings to ensure XBRL tagging is appropriate.
- Prepare documentation needed to the support internal reporting process to senior management.
- Review and tie out earnings release materials, scripts, and other documents to support the investor relations process.
- Perform technical accounting research on GAAP, FASB, SEC reporting requirements for new accounting standards and business transactions.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Update internal control documentation and support internal and external audit requirements
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA is preferred.
- Strong accounting background with 7 plus years of experience is required.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Public Accounting, preferably with "BIG 4" or a top tier public accounting firm is required.
- Prior experience working in a Retail/Consumer Industry is highly preferred.
- Experience with Public company SEC reporting is required, Workiva/XBRL is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations is required.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting and internal controls is required.
- Proficiency in performing accounting research and preparing accounting memos and detailed analyses is highly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior organization skills is required.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, communicate progress and execute effectively.
- Excellent Oral/Written/Communication & Presentation skills is required.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:Phone:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume. An Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.