To assist in the delivery of primary health services and nursing care to individuals and families.
QualificationsGraduate of an approved Practical Nursing program. One year clinical experience.
- Adhere to internal and system-wide competencies, behaviors, policies and procedures to ensure efficient work processes. Actively participate in monthly/departmental meetings and share ideas and suggestions for operational improvements.
- Maintains competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences with necessary documentation
- Conducts interviews with patient to answer questions related to healthcare problems and provides necessary counseling utilizing all resource persons and materials available.
- Administers medications and vaccines as ordered by attending physician and keeps abreast of changes in requirements for immunization, flu vaccines and allergy injections.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care for patients and their families.
- Assists physician in patient examination and performs specialized procedures.
- Possesses the ability to obtain and interpret information considering age specific needs.
- Responsible for sterilization of office equipment and ordering of stock supplies and keeps appropriate records of same. Performs laboratory duties assuring compliance with OSHA and CLIA. Identifies and communicates educational needs of patients to their physician and does teaching in these areas upon his/her request.
- Complies with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures. Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New York. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire. Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct