Job Title: Bakery Manager
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Bakery Manager provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The Bakery Manager is held accountable for the department's results in providing superior service, increasing sales, improving gain, and containing cost. Follows division guidelines for the implementation of merchandising programs. Trains, supervises, and assigns duties to bakery clerks. Writes schedule. Additionally, the Bakery Manager mixes and bakes ingredients according to recipes to produce breads, pastries, and other baked goods. Applies glaze, icing or other toppings to baked goods. Wraps and prices bakery goods and places goods on counters, tables, and in display cases. Waits on customers, cleans shelves and display cases. Places price stickers on wrapped items. Cleans, fills, and rotates self-service displays and tables. Monitors distress items. Assists customers with special orders. Changes signs and prices as directed by merchandising. Inventories floor stock, cooler stock, and freezer stock daily. Writes supply order in the order book and inputs on computer. Checks order for completeness upon arrival. Organize and maintain clean work area.
Safeway Bakery Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Train, schedule, and supervise bakery workers to ensure optimum staffing for the bakery.
3. Wraps and prices bakery goods and places goods on counters, tables, and in display cases.
4. Maintain cleanliness of bakery area.
5. Cleans, fills, and rotates self-service displays and tables. Monitors distress items.
6. Performs daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
7. Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service, or other problems related to operations of the bakery area.
8. Plan daily production.
9. Monitors information in inbox and on website.
10. *Other duties as assigned. *see Baker duties.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow directions.
4. Desired: Prior management experience.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
%Inside: 100% Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: May enter cooler or freezer for brief periods, may work near ovens.
Chemicals: Seldom (mild detergents or glass cleaner).
Job Title: Bakery Manager
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
hand truck , box cutter, pens/pencils, grocery cart, paper and plastic bags, spray bottle, rags, telephone/intercom, bread slicer, knives, stepstool, dishwasher, oven, proof box, six wheel carts, pallet jacks, baked goods racks, computer, baking equipment
Constant (over 70% of the time)
Constantly lifts 1-10 lbs. Occasionally lifts 11-20 lbs. Seldom lifts 21-35 lbs.
Frequently carries 1-10 lbs. Seldom carries 11-35 lbs. Most heavy carrying may be avoided by using cart.
Frequently pushes/pulls 1-10 lbs. Occasionally pushes/pulls 11-20 lbs. Seldom pushes/pulls 21-35 lbs.
Constant knee to shoulder reaching. Seldom overhead or at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Sitting allowed on breaks.
Constant walking while on job.
Seldom. May use step stool.
Frequent neck rotation, bending of head, and twisting. Occasional bending/stooping, crouching, and squatting.
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent repetitive motion. Seldom forceful gripping.
Use of peripheral vision and depth perception to move around crowded store area and push carts in aisles containing customers. Near vision used to read dates, print and place price stickers, create, adjust and place signs, read instructions.
To converse with customers, provide service, and conduct business.
To converse with customers, answer questions and conduct business.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet overall job requirements.