Food Service Clerk
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience by providing attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service, answering customer questions and making recommendations through suggestive selling; assist the Food Service Manager in the daily operation in the Food Service department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department with a focus on the preparation and safe handling of products sold throughout the department; to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to operate all equipment customarily used by the Food Service Department and other equipment as may be required.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Maintain acceptable shelf, case and display conditions by stocking, cleaning, straightening and rotating product.
- Prepare product, including salads, sandwiches, chicken, pizza, and pasta, entrees, catering orders, etc. according to recipe and established Company standards.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in the display cases, steam tables, during heating and cooling of product and in all storage areas.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to ensure quality protection and product rotation.
- Handle damaged and unsaleable product according to Company policy.
- Maintain signage on all items to alert customers to product choices and ingredients.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Food Service operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Operate equipment as required by department, including slicer, scale, can opener, wrapping machine, rotisserie, fryolator, cheese grater/cutter, case cutter, and stove/oven.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate equipment and merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Food Service Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Stand in Food Service Department for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Food Service operations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.