We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Grocery Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking and storage areas.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
- Maintain Unit Price Labels (tags) for all items, doing price changes as required.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about locations of items in store.
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
- Keep shelves and displays fully stocked and faced at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures relating to opening cartons and proper rotation of product.
- Monitor Grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness and preparing for next shift (i.e. making bale, reclamation, plastic, pallets).
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product in stock, including using handheld terminal.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately advise Department Manager or Store Management of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard as needed.
- Operate a baler or compactor.
- Be knowledgeable in the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Fully stock and rotate all merchandise in cases, shelves and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and department standards.
- Unload and secure received product in appropriate storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, U-boats or bossies as needed.
- Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as assigned.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Grocery Operations.
- Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to stimulate sales.
- Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write offs in accordance with Company policies.
- Assist Department Manager as needed.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Grocery Operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Grocery Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
- Stand in Grocery Department for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.