NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we're committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don't just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR's multi-billion dollar business operations.
NVR's Manufacturing Plant in Prince George, VA is looking to add a leader to our maintenance team. The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting general facility maintenance including, but not limited to: machine repair, low-voltage electrical work, 3-phase electricity, welding, and/or computerized equipment repair. You will be the "go to" person for coordinating preventive maintenance plans, installing/fixing electrical issues & equipment, and you will be expected to perform non-electrical maintenance work. The ideal candidate will undergo a skills test during the interview process. NVR-Richmond offers a fast paced work environment, a career oriented company, excellent work-life balance, and long-term growth opportunities. A person with the right knowledge as well as the right attitude is of utmost importance.
The wage for this position is from $21.71 to $28.70 be based on experience and skill. Primary Responsibilities
- Inspect and maintain machinery and equipment in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Interpret schematics, prints, diagrams, and oral instructions and apply to task at hand.
- Troubleshoot and identify hazards and diagnose malfunctioning systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable electrical codes.
- Perform welding, grinding and flame cutting.
- Able to work as part of team and contribute to the maintenance team and facility in general.
- May perform other miscellaneous duties as instructed.
Life at NVR
- 3 years experience as an industrial/facility maintenance technician
- Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics
- Ability to work in a strong safety-focused environment
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, more details available upon interview
- Will be required to demonstrate mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance knowledge
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we'll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.