Aquatics - Swim InstructorPart TimeEdward Jones Family YMCAPURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Swim Instructor maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swim classes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly, and supports members and program participants in achieving their goals.
2. Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization; helps participants and families connect with each other and the YMCA; and encourages parent or caregiver involvement.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers program participants and families to other programs.
4. Maintains records as required (e.g., attendance, progress reports).
5. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
6. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
7. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Endure extreme temperature conditions - up to 95 degrees, 100% humidity
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Posting ID: 592867571Posted: 2020-12-16