- Full-time, Part-time
- Massillon, OH 44646
Pharmacy Technician [Store 42 Rx]
We have an excellent career opportunity for Full or Part-Time Pharmacy Technician. Previous pharmacy experience is preferred, but not required.
A Pharmacy Technician's primary job is to receive and fill prescription requests for patients. These prescription requests can come from hospitals, physicians, nurses, or directly from the patient. Their work is overseen by a licensed pharmacist. The preparation of a prescription requires several tasks. The duties carried out by pharmacy technicians include:
- Retrieving prescription orders
- Counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications
- Mixing medications and selecting proper prescription container
- Creating prescription labels after the prescription is filled, the pharmacy tech prices and files it and a licensed pharmacist then checks the completed prescription before it is given to the patient.
- Other responsibilities include: the daily operation of the pharmacy itself, including interactions with doctors offices and patients.
- Some other non-medication related duties include: preparing insurance claims, maintaining patient profiles, completing cash register transactions, answering phones, taking inventory of over-the-counter medications.
- Being aware of the latest medications and their availability
- Must have strong customer service skills, multi-tasker and a team player.
All positions must successfully pass a pre-employment Background Check. Enjoy store discounts, flexible scheduling, and a team environment!
Discount Drug Mart, Inc. an Ohio-based drug store chain, opened its first store in Elyria, Ohio in 1969. Gradually, we expanded throughout Northern Ohio and into central and southern Ohio with over 75 store locations and more growth planned for years to come. Our corporate headquarters and distribution center are currently located in Medina, Ohio. Our strategy of consistent and continued growth has made us a dynamic, financially stable company and the leading regional drug store chain.
Discount Drug Mart is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Related to this job