The Research Specialist will provide per diem chart review and adjudication services for clinical research studies within the Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care. Prior to work commencing, the Research Specialist will complete requisite adjudication training and will adhere to all associated Policies and Procedures related to the corresponding study.
The Research Specialist will work closely with the Project Leaders and study staff in conducting chart reviews using the Electronic health record (EHR). The Research Specialist will be responsible for conducting chart reviews and adjudication of assigned cases in accordance with specific guidelines and protocols established for each relevant study.
Must meet specified license requirements as outlined below.
1.Work directly with Project Leaders and study staff to successfully execute the research project's specific aims and objectives related to the research study.
2. Provide high-quality expert chart review and adjudication of all assigned cases in accordance with specific guidelines and protocols established for the research study.
3. Make reasonable efforts to adhere to study-specific timelines to review and adjudicate assigned cases within the assigned deadlines.
4. Participate in all aspects of the chart review and adjudication, including training, adjudicators meetings, and seminars.
5. Responsible for maintaining project adherence to all applicable policies and procedures for research study and Institutional Review Board requirements.
1. Must have 4 years of college level education and bachelor's degree or equivalent. (BS/MS joint programs are also acceptable).
2. Must have Completed education required for a Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Physician Assistant (PA) degree.
1. Must hold a current valid license or be eligible for licensure as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
2. Preference given to clinicians currently employed in inpatient general medical clinical practice (i.e., in the Hospital Medicine Unit) at Brigham and Women's Hospital or Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with project leadership, clinicians, and staff in a professional and respectful manner
2. Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
3. Ability to work independently
4. Ability to complete work and meet deadlines
5. Proficiency in BWH computer systems (EHR, Epic)
6. Strong analytical skills
7. Knowledge of healthcare terminology and workflow processes
Office-based work environment and remote work from home office.
Posting ID: 593066134Posted: 2021-01-16