GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Located in Boston, the Brigham and Women's Hospital brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer through novel immune-based therapies.
The clinical imaging technician performs professional work in support of a large, institutionally-supported clinical research project termed ImmunoProfile. Specifically, the individual will assist with a novel diagnostic assay involving staining and imaging biopsy samples obtained from patients with cancer and receiving immuno-therapy. Under general supervision, this individual assists in performing semi-automated tissue staining and computer-assisted imaging and, in collaboration with a PhD scientist and other technicians, in scoring samples for major immunological markers of anti-tumor immunity. These data are reported back to clinical teams responsible for patient care. The work requires an intense interest in cancer biology and novel diagnostic and treatment strategies, a willingness to learn new skills, an ability to work independently and an attention to detail. The individual will be expected to work closely with PhD-level scientists, clinical oncologists, and pathologists in a hospital setting. Such an individual will also be expected to develop the skills to interpret results and determines whether they are consistent with experimental goals; review literature; and to assist in the assembly, organization and interpretation of data.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the PI supervision, performs evaluation of immuno-histochemistry and immunofluorescence stains utilizing computer-based image analysis systems.
- Manages and maintains database containing experimental results and reagent information and storage locations
- Prepares and presents written or oral progress reports concerning studies, including assembly, organization and interpretation of data.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments and equipment.
- Maintains a clean, orderly work area within the laboratory.
- Undertakes standard decontamination procedures prior to disposal of certain laboratory materials.
- May assist in supervising the work of other assigned laboratory personnel.
- May demonstrate and explain various laboratory techniques to laboratory personnel, students and others.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred with a major in biology, chemistry, biochemistry or immunology.
- Prior experience with implementation/validation of clinical laboratory information systems is preferred.
- Immunohistochemistry experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with image analysis using commercial software is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience; preferably, pathology-based laboratory experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of information and techniques related to either biology, chemistry, cell biology, or medicine is required.
Posting ID: 593066184Posted: 2020-12-15Job Title: Clinical Imaging Technician Pathology