If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Quality Advisor, RN who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Quality Advisor, RN reports to the Director of the Quality Department. This position works in conjunction with service line or department leadership to develop and implement effective systems to evaluate and improve patient outcomes and quality care; provides leadership in the areas of quality improvement and supports the mission of Adventist HealthCare.
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
• RN required, Master's Degree preferred
• Project management experience in the health care industry
• Strong knowledge of clinical operations
• Experience interacting with cross functional teams
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• RN license required (DC)
• Six Sigma Green Belt or higher-must be obtained if hired within 1 yr of hire
• CPHQ preferred
• Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and priority setting skills
• Provide one-on-one customer service and area-specific coaching to assigned departments regarding Tracer findings, compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. TJC, CMS, Maryland Office of Healthcare Quality (OHCQ), Maryland Healthcare Commission (MHCC)) and education/ awareness of Sentinel Events/ alerts from TJC and CMS
• Facilitate focused quality and performance improvement efforts in accordance with AHC's documented Performance Improvement System (DMAIC) for assigned departments, units and committees. Effectively lead projects and project teams to ensure timely, fiscally sound, quality improvement projects.
• Partner with assigned areas to support continuous accreditation readiness (e.g. Mock surveys, Inter-Cycle Monitoring, Survey, etc.)
• Conduct Tracers and mini Tracers to ensure compliance with Entity and AHC policy, TJC standards, and CMS/ DHMH regulations
• Monitor and assist in the preparation of status reports for assigned monthly project review (measure monitoring)
• Support assigned committees
• Support Peer Review efforts for nursing and LIPs by providing quality data and educating the nurse leadership and department chairs on quality data, accreditation and regulatory standards.
• Supports activities/tasks resulting from patient safety incidents/ findings
• Participate in RCA's in assigned areas
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 593067784Posted: 2021-01-05Job Title: Nurse