We are looking for a Staff RN - California Nurses Association with North Medical Surgical Department
at St. Mary Medical Center.Location:
Apple Valley, CASchedule:
Full-time 72 Biweekly HoursShift:
12 Hour NightsJob Summary:
Within the identified roles of Practitioner, Teacher and Leader, the staff Registered Nurse provides collaborative and comprehensive care based on patient and/or family needs. The staff Registered Nurse implements and evaluates care delivery based on predicted outcomes while anticipating potential responses provides assessment, treatment and care throughout the hospital and outlying clinics. The staff Registered Nurse will practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies. The Staff Registered Nurse works independently under limited supervision directly reporting to the Unit/Department Supervisor, Director of Assistant Vice President.Skills:
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax, personal computer, printer, telephone, nurse call system).
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic nursing and unit specific equipment.
- Demonstrates competencies in IV initiation and management.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent educ/experience
- Coursework/Training - Other training as specific to unit requirements.
- Coursework/Training - Environmental Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- Coursework/Training - General RN competency within 30 days of hire.
- Coursework/Training - Unit Specific (Telemetry) competency within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Current California Registered Nurse License by evidence of Primary Source Verification
- Current BLS
- Other certifications as specific to unit requirements
- ACLS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
: 2 years of experience in a hospital environment
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Posting ID: 593068131Posted: 2020-12-29Job Title: Rn