We are looking for a Medical Receptionist with SJoHMG Santa Ana UCC at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Schedule: Full-time - 72 biweekly hours
Shift: 12 hour (Variable) DaysJob Summary:
This position functions as an interface with patients, physicians, staff and is responsible for handles all incoming calls screening, transferring, and answering appropriately, timely, and efficiently. Takes accurate and appropriate messages. Greets patients/visitors check patients in and out, distributes mail, faxes, etc. Assists department with various duties as needed. In addition, this position will be responsible for obtaining all information relating to patients and facilitates, and collection and dissemination of information to the medical record and information system.Essential Functions:
- Promptly answers incoming calls, screening and routing appropriately. Takes detailed, accurate, legible messages and accurately documenting distributing and/or tasking messages accordingly.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types. Maintain knowledge of all providers' schedules and restrictions. Inputs registration demographic and insurance information into computer.
- Greets patients and visitors to the medical office and obtains all required information to register patient. Ensures/assists patient in completing all forms and routes those forms to the appropriate personnel or department. Reviews current registration information with patient updating information as required.
- Reviews provider schedules in advance to ensure pre-registration of new patients.
- Schedules patient visits per established Standard Work. Confirms appointments, cancels appointments, reschedules appointments and notifies clinical staff of appointment changes per Standard Work. Discusses scheduling conflicts or problems with supervisors or clinical staff. Provides schedule updates during the day.
- Checks patient out at the end of visit as per office procedures. Arrives, cancels and no shows appointments.
- Informs clinical personnel when patient has arrived; routes patient to appropriate clinical area.
- Responsible for collecting payments from patients, post payment in the IDX system, maintaining money drawer, balancing monies and turning in completed batch.
- Per office procedures, determines total charges for visit and calculates patient financial responsibility per established policies and procedures for cash patients. Collects required co-payments, payments (cash, check, credit card), issues receipts and records MRN, makes change, etc., per standard of work. Ensures that billing information and collections are routed to appropriate personnel/department. May collect past due balance when appropriate.
- Responsible for informing patients regarding St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group protocols and confirming patient appointments as needed.
- Open or close office as shift requires, ensuring that all doors are secured, equipment turned on/off and communicates problems to supervisor in a timely manner. Oversees the front area for cleanliness, safety and continuous awareness of visitors, alerting supervisor of any issues.
- Performs general clerical duties including faxing, copying, filing, distribution of memos and daily schedules etc. as needed and maintains needed supplies to conduct daily work.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of providers, facility locations, facility personnel, etc.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Microsoft Word, and an e-mail system.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and medical terminology.
- General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology.
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to sort and file by alphabet or terminal digit.
- Ability to handle cash transactions and balance cash drawers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
- Must have excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
- Exhibit courtesy/respect for co-workers and willing to help co-workers when needed.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills, preferred.
Experience: Customer relations experience.
Preferred Position Qualification:
Education: Medical Assistant, Billing, or Front Office Management certification from an accredited vocational school
License and Certification: Medical Assistant certification
- Experience as a receptionist in the healthcare industry or as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience in handling and balancing cash
- MS Word, Excel and IDX experience
- Experience with computers or automated scheduling
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.
Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posting ID: 593068169Posted: 2021-03-16Job Title: Medical Receptionist