Covenant Health is seeking an on call Radiology Tech with the Radiology Diagnostic Department at Covenant Children's Hospital.Job Summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Diagnostic Supervisor and the general supervision of the Director of Imaging Services, performs radiological procedures to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and injuries.Essential Functions:
Minimum Position Qualifications:Education:
- Performs radiographic procedures as prescribed by a physician by determining the proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Positions patients accurately for the proper view of the affected area.
- Selects and operates fixed and portable radiographic equipment as directed.
- Prepares room, equipment and contrast media and administers contrast media to the patient as required by the procedure.
- Instructs patients as to the proper physiological requirements for the procedure.
- Identifies and develops film using proper technique.
- Abides in the established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality management, general and radiation safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures as required and performs necessary clerical duties.
- Instructs radiological technology students on equipment operation, techniques and positioning.
- Ensures a clean working environment and stock supplies as necessary.
- Assist with exam scheduling and telephone inquiries as necessary
Satisfactory completion of an AMA approved School of Radiology TechnologyLicenses and Certifications:
Preferred Position Qualifications:Experience:
- Registered or Registry Eligible by the A.R.R.T.
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board.
- BLS (AHA) Certification within 30 days of employment.
1 year experience as a Radiology Technologist
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.