Who we want:Goal-oriented developers
. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.Dedicated achievers.
People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.Curious learners
. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what's next.
Stryker is hiring a Senior Staff Formulations Scientist
in Cary, IL. What you will do:
Provide scientific and technical leadership in the development and assessment of novel, cost-effective formulations and formulation-based products that advance the division's capabilities and support the long-term growth strategy and solve real problems in healthcare.
What you will need:
- Identify and assess new technology opportunities in formulated products for medical applications.
- Collaborates with our Sales and Marketing teams, as well as customers to better understand business and clinical needs, and translate those into value propositions for business investments.
- Supports the alignment of Regulatory and Marketing on product claims and launch strategies.
- Support technology and product development, testing, and commercialization.
- Identify, scout, and develop formulations and processes designed to improve and broaden the business product line.
- Keep abreast of the latest research and pertinent technical literature.
- Work with internal and external thought leaders, and partners across the division to develop new technology, capture competitive advantage and economic results through innovation.
- Approaches complex problems with an inquisitive nature-embraces multifaceted inputs to develop comprehensive & creative solutions.
- Provides technical leadership in product development from proof of concept to pilot scale and to market release as applicable.
- Assigns and provides oversight to technical work; assists with the review and evaluation of personnel performance.
- Possesses proficiency with project management principles to effectively meet technology readiness objectives and other project milestones to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides leadership in business updates/presentations to management and stakeholders.
- Provides chemistry and formulated product subject matter expertise to other areas of the business.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or an equivalent technical degree required.
- 6+ years of formulation development experience.
- Formulation development experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry, highly preferred.
- Experience with Quality by Design.
- Master's or PhD degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Science field preferred.
- Technical knowledge of personal care product formulation development required.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development.
- Experience with the development of topical drugs
- Experience working as part of a team in conducting complex product initiatives from concept through final recommendation and/or release. Demonstrated strong project management experience required.
- Demonstrated innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements associated with the development of pharmaceuticals and medical devices including Design Controls and the technical support required for regulatory submission preferred.
- Experience with pilot or production scale mixing equipment is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present issues, plans and objectives.
Posting ID: 593234797Posted: 2020-12-30Job Title: Senior Staff Formulation