Description:Job Duties Include:
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process
- Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel to provide effective and efficient case management
- Organizes nursing activities efficiently and effectively
- Considers cost containment by using supplies economically and in effective turnover time
- Assists with supply, drug, and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availability
- Performs comprehensive assessment of patient's clinical condition and psychosocial needs inclusive of caregiver needs during the Perioperative period
- Ensure patient readiness for surgery including, but not limited to, NPO status, medication administration, surgical site verification and marking and chart completeness.
- Transports patients to the operating room observing policies/procedures, safety requirements, and patient needs
- Implement plan of care safely and effectively and provides safe environment, including, but not limited to:1) positioning patient safely, padding bony prominences and ensuring respiratory and circulatory protection 2) Ensuring correct prepping and draping procedures 3) Conducting "time out" process prior to incision to ensure correct patient, correct procedures and correct surgical site. 4) Ensure asepsis during all procedures. Opens and presents sterile items to sterile field aseptically; ensures supplies are not expired. 5) Accounting for all sponges, needles, sharps, during and after the procedures and documenting appropriately
- Provides comfort and reassurance to patient
- Maintains patients' privacy and dignity
- Explains intra-operative phase of routine procedures and care to the patient
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side effects
- Performs the circulating nurse's role and functions following approved operating room procedures to meet the requirements of scheduled procedures
- Prepares and cleanse operating room before, between and after cases according to requirements of patient/procedure to be performed
- Assembles and provides properly functioning equipment, supplies, and instruments before start of procedure and positions and adjusts equipment as required during the procedure
- Anticipates needs of surgical team and assists anesthesia personnel by supporting patient during administration of anesthesia
- Assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient and prepares operative site as directed by established procedures
- Monitors compliance with principles of aseptic technique according to accepted standards
- Accurately records, labels, and handles specimens
- Provides for comfort in the physical environment by monitoring designated parameters
- Provides continuity of patient care by communicating with other perioperative care personnel and documenting records accordingly
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders/directions
- Documents patient care records and other forms accurately following policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Accurately advises others responsible for care of the patient about patient's status
- Collaborates with other members of the surgical team to ensure efficient turn-around time between procedures
#LI-AS1Required Skills:Required Skills:
- Must be a Registered Nurse and hold an unrestricted license in the state of Texas.
- MUST have at least 2 years of previous experience working as a circulator in the Operating Room. (No new graduate or RN without circulating experience will be considered).
- Previous experience circulating orthopedic, spine, total joints and sports medicine cases strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate a cooperative work attitude with employees, physicians, patients, families, vendors and co-workers.
- Must possess the ability to work independently or as a team.
- Must have strong attention to detail and be able to effectively problem solve.
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 593235355Posted: 2021-02-10Job Title: Star