How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Medical Assistant
functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms inadvance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in themedical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatricpopulations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications Wellstar Summit Surgical
590 Nancy Street
Marietta, Georgia 30060 Required Minimum Education
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
Required Minimum Certification
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
Required Minimum Experience
- Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date.
- Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Posting ID: 593237157Posted: 2021-01-20Job Title: Certify Assistant