The Supervisor in Training (SIT) program is designed to assess the SIT's capability and train and develop him/her to be a well-rounded, ready leader. Once promoted to Supervisor, he/she will be designated a department and be onboarded there for an additional 90 days.
Successful completion of the SIT Program will be determined by the Operations Manager (OM), General Manager (GM), and HR Business Partner (HRBP) and then reviewed and approved by the Director of Human Resources and the Vice President of Distribution Operations. The expectation is for the SIT to be in the program for 16 weeks before he/she can be considered for a supervisory position. Promotion is not guaranteed and is dependent upon performance of the candidate. Changes in mobility or a decline in performance level may result in removal from the SIT Program. The SIT needs to be flexible to move to other shifts, other departments and other distribution facilities to meet learning expectations. Upon successful completion of the program, the SIT will be considered for promotion to Supervisor anywhere in the DC network. Please note that upon successful completion of the program, relocation may be required for promotion into Supervisor role.
- The focus of the program is on supervisor roles and responsibilities in 2 week departmental rotations.
- 16-week schedule of online training
- 2-week checklists of Operations and Leadership activities
- Formal check-ins weekly; performance reviews at 8 weeks and 16 weeks
- 1 week spent in another DC to collaborate with the broader DC network and be exposed to differences between buildings.
- Project: Each SIT is required to complete a project to improve DC operations and as part of his/her final readiness check, will present a solution to leadership.
- Final Readiness Check: project presentation and formal performance review.
- May perform other duties as assigned *
Qualifications Internal Candidates:
- Must be a TSC team member for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must be considered to be in "good standing" with safety, production, and attendance.
- Must be computer literate (basic Word, Excel, Outlook, E-mail, etc.)
- Logistics course work and/or job experience in warehousing and distribution
- A college degree is a plus but is not required.
- Ability to relocate is required.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a positive attitude.
- Must be willing to:
- Learn the business through hands on experience
- Have the ability to positively adapt to change
- Exhibit flexibility in daily operations
- Be flexible to work on all shifts.
- Exhibit leadership and people skills through their work and/or school activities
- Can handle ambiguous situations and exhibit flexibilit
- DC Supervisor Leveled Competencies: Timely decision making, priority setting, organization, planning, informing, action oriented, process improvement, problem solving, conflict management, teamwork, motivating team members and career development.
- Required to work in a physical environment that is subject to temperature extremes, movement of mobile and fixed equipment, possible exposure to hazardous products, and other conditions a warehouse operation.
- This position is considered a specialized position; therefore, it will be posted when an opening exists. The most qualified candidates will be selected for interview by the DC Leadership Team.
- A team member will not be selected to enter this program unless the Leadership Team is confident that they have the essential skills and knowledge to develop into a Supervisor for Tractor Supply Company. The Leadership Team's role is to facilitate that development by providing new opportunities to build those skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Team Members that want to grow and excel within Tractor Supply Company.
Company Overview Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work! Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Posting ID: 593237230Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Supervisor Training