The distribution center internship program cultivates students' professional and personal growth through exposure to day-to-day DC operations, ownership of a semester-long continuous improvement project, and one-on-one mentoring sessions. The purpose of the program is to develop talent by offering an opportunity to learn firsthand about our company, our culture, and our industry. We seek candidates who are highly motivated, value honesty and teamwork, and possess strong leadership skills and integrity.
Responsibilities What you can expect from interning with TSC
- Hourly competitive pay rate
- 10-12 week full-time (40 hr) schedule in the summer, OR part-time (12-20 hrs) during fall and spring semesters
- Completing a project to improve DC operations and presenting a solution to leadership
- Formal check-ins weekly with an operations manager
- Performance reviews at mid-way and completion point
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university at the time of the internship, preferably a rising Junior or Senior
- Course work related to supply chain, logistics, transportation, or general business is preferred Previous internship or industry experience is preferred
- Must be computer literate (basic Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as a positive attitude, and must be willing to:
- Learn the business through hands-on experience
- Positively adapt to change
- Exhibit flexibility in daily operations
- Handle ambiguous situations
May be required to lift 50 lbs. Must be capable of sitting, standing, and/or walking for extended periods of time. Required to work in a physical environment that is subject to temperature extremes, movement of mobile and fixed equipment, possible exposure to hazardous products, and other conditions associated with a warehouse operation.
Company Overview Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work! Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Posting ID: 593237309Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Intern