Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
This position is responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy to keep inventory shortages at or below store goals and maximize stores sales by receiving and shipping freight within a timely manner. The Receiver is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives, and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as adhering to Tractor Supply Company safety training and guidelines.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements.
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
3. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
a. Greet the Customer.
b. Uncover the Customers' needs.
c. Recommend products.
d. Ask for the Sale.
4. This position is required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every person in this position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
a. Accountable for processing of inbound and outbound freight.
b. Maintain accurate inventory control and adhere to loss prevention standards.
c. Recovery of merchandise.
d. Participate in mandatory freight process.
e. Keep a clean, organized, and safe work area.
f. Maintain, recover, stock, and tag assigned work areas including all merchandise displayed outside of the store.
g. Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company.
h. Rotation and disposition of dated products.
i. Assemble merchandise.
j. Operate Forklift.
k. Operate Cardboard Baler.
l. Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties.
5. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Shipping/receiving experience preferred but not required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Basic computer skills/experience.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict by possessing strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal and written communications skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area and register area.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary equipment required to perform job duties such as a dolly, hand-truck, forklift, cardboard baler, computer, and cash register.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 50 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull merchandise up to 2,000 lbs with the assistance of proper material handling equipment.
- Ability to crouch/squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Upon successful completion of training and certification, work may require the ability to dispense propane.
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 4 hours straight without a break.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license.
- Ability to multi-task
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as adhere to Tractor Supply Company safety training and guidelines.
The position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations):
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Ability to constantly operate a forklift
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, computer, cash register).
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane and to dispense propane.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Posting ID: 593237414Posted: 2021-02-24