New Jersey MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for youth of all ages and their families lead healthy and stables lives. We offer a range of home-and community-based services with individualized therapeutic setting for youth in foster care, at-risk youth or youth involve in the juvenile justice system. Youth Support Specialist ARY Services
Are you passionate about supporting youth in your community? Our community based Residential Care and Specialty Homes are designed for youth with intensive clinical and/or behavioral needs. We are a leader in providing caring support and intensive therapy and looking to build our team.
- Orient youth within our program by providing compassion, assistance with individual plans and supervision as well as provide guidance to each youth/teen in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship focused on building relationships, direct support and service delivery.
- Organize and determine recreational outings to observe behaviors and record observations.
- Coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping, meal preparation and life skills training.
- Provide transportation to school, activities and appointments.
- Provide thorough proper documentation and notes in collaboration with team members.
- High School Diploma with at least 3 years' of verifiable experience working with Youth At-Risk or
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Criminal Justice or Psychology with 1 year experience
- Experience providing service to teens ages 10-18 with emotional, medical, and behavioral disability required
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- A reliable, responsible attitude and a compassionate approach
The work is meaningful and you can make a real difference in the lives of our youth.
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same - come join our team - Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values-Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth-and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in 37 states, you'll have opportunities from coast to coast.
EqualOpportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Posting ID: 593238147Posted: 2021-03-17Job Title: Therapeutic Youth Support Specialist