We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Vincent's is looking for a Full-time Family Physician to join our elite team! Why Join Our TeamAbout Ascension St. Vincent's Hospitals (Riverside, Southside and Clay)
About Jacksonville, FL
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside is a 528-bed hospital founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1916. It is part of St. Vincent's HealthCare and Ascension, the nation's largest Catholic and non-profit healthcare system.
- St. Vincent's Riverside is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando.
- St. Vincent's Southside is a 311-bed facility and joined the St. Vincent's HealthCare family in 2008.
- The Family Birth Place at St. Vincent's Southside was one of only nine organizations in the U.S. to receive the PRC Platinum Achievement Award.
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Clay County, a 106-bed hospital, opened its doors in 2013 and began an expansion that doubled its size by 2015.
- The expansion added maternity and women's services, 30 inpatient beds, 13 treatments rooms in the emergency department, and a shell to add 30 additional beds in the future.
About Ascension Medical Group
- Jacksonville is a rapidly growing metropolitan area with approximately 950,000 residents, not including surrounding counties.
- Jacksonville sits on the beautiful St. Johns River in the city center with the Atlantic Ocean a short drive away.
- With over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, it boasts a mild climate, reasonable cost of living, professional sports teams, international airport, and a solid growing economy.
- The city is alive with diverse cultural experiences including distinctive museums, world-class tennis, and excellent golf courses.
- Florida has no state income tax.
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. What You Will Do
Ascension St. Vincent's is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Family physician.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension St. Vincent's to provide medical services to patients. Position Highlights:
- Physician led and mission driven
- Collaborative team environment
What You Will Need
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Florida Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy required.
None Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ministry Name is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work