Position: SM Level 2
Location: Cincinnati, OH - if not local must be able to relo to Cincinnati post COVID19
Contract to Hire
To apply, please send your resume to Brianna Boyce firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job #1109249
Must Have: 5 years' experience as a Scrum Master.
Preferred: CSM, PSM, Azure Data ExperienceJob Description
An experienced servant leader and coach for a cross-functional agile team operating in complex and cross functional work across the Security, Data and Networking domain areas related to transformation to the Cloud. The Scrum Master guides and facilitates a Scrum &/or Kanban team involved in a large fast-paced program implementing complex technology for business-oriented solutions, through effective application of the agile based SDLC (Software Delivery Life Cycle) and associated ceremonies, ensuring the agreed upon agile practice is being followed. Removing impediments and fostering a high performing team with a focus on continuous improvement resulting in quality and timeliness delivery.
- Scrum master experience in a complex large-scale enterprise
- Experience in an agile environment in other roles; such as quality assurance, development, product owner, or as an agile coach
- Proven knowledge and experience with agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and mentor the team to reach their highest potential. Excellent team player and team builder
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse personality types
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level and communicate agile methodologies within the organization
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple agile teams and ensure a proper balance between PMO (Project Management office, business and technology teams and management)
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc.
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of productive conflict resolution and problem solving
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Prepare and present reports on the progress and success
- Coordinates activities with other teams across the program
- Partner with and support the Product Owner
- Participate in the Scrum of Scrums and partner with other Scrum Masters
- Coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Organize and facilitate planning and coordination including release / Potentially Shippable Increments planning, iteration planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review/demos, and retrospectives
- Ensure teams are held accountable to agile SDLC (Software Delivery Life Cycle) tenants and their internal working agreements including use of appropriate tools, standards and best practices
- Promote and demonstrate core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Ensure the team is tracking and communicating team progress and metrics to the appropriate resources.
- Facilitate and enable an environment of collaboration and creativity
- Support and empower the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team's ability to deliver against their commitments
- Challenge and enable the team to continuously improve through intentional and data driven inspect and adapt cycles (retrospectives)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.