About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- Functions as a member of the patient-centered care team to provide direct bedside care to the patient under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Performs a variety of activities for assigned patients and their families and significant others.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of an approved nursing assistant certification program; high school graduation or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience preferred.
- CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) certification by the Maryland Board of Nursing. BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL's) including bathing, dressing, skin care, positioning, ambulation, toileting, and range of motion activities.
- Assists with environmental services support such as linen management, trash removal, and cleaning patient rooms as needed.
- Assists with transport of patients, specimens, equipment, and supplies as appropriate. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Communicates changes in the patient's condition to the Licensed nurse.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs basic procedures, collects specimens, provides respiratory therapy support, performs venipuncture and obtains EKG's.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides and documents nutritional support for patients.
- Reports actual and potential problems concerning patients, families, staff and their departments to the Registered Nurse. Responds to questions from patient, families and significant others in a prompt, courteous, positive manner, referring them to appropriate personnel if necessary.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 593238546Posted: 2021-03-17