University of Pittsburgh Physicians is seeking a full-time Temporary Administrative Assistant to support the Orthopaedic Surgery specialty areas!
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to, scheduling appointments and scans, obtaining insurance authorizations for scans and surgeries, answering office phones and general clerical support tasks (filing, faxing, etc.).
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous office work experience, with previous work experience in a medical office and/or medical terminology knowledge being preferred. Proficient computer skills are also preferred, while strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital to this role. Responsibilities:
- Maintain neat and organized files and electronic databases
- Maintain and purchase office supplies as needed
- Prepare letters, memos, and reports
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external appointments, calendars, and meetings
- May entail work with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Support all department personnel with duties including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, copying, filing and faxing
- Greet and assist any visitors to the department
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- High School Diploma Strongly Preferred
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- One year of administrative support working experience is highly preferred
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must possess typing skills and working knowledge of word processing, electronic mail/calendar and spreadsheets
- Must possess the ability to learn and effectively use various software programs
- General knowledge and experience with office equipment such as copiers, multi-line phone systems, fax machines and paging systems
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct