DescriptionSugar Creek Station in Franklin PA is looking for a Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse to join its team!Currently offering a $2,000 Sign On Bonus to those who qualify!
Located in Franklin, PA, Sugar Creek Station is a senior living community specializing in rehab and memory care. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents by promoting health and personal independence. Join our team in serving our residents today!
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of home health care in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Services has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your community where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Assist the RN and interdisciplinary team in evaluating, planning, and implementing plans of care.
- Provide appropriate, direct patient care.
- Give injections, take vital signs, perform basic diagnostic tests, observe patients, dress wounds and administer medication.
- Comply with established medication use policies.
- Observe and record patient's symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and report results to the RN in charge.
- Communicate effectively with patients and families about hospital stay and home care concerns.
- Discuss any patient or family concerns with RN in charge so that issue can be appropriately addressed.
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU. Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Act 34 OAPSA UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct