We Are HiringTitle: Certified Medical AssistantCity, State: Pensacola, FLLocation:
University of Florida Pediatric Practices - MilestoneDepartment: PediatricsAdditional Job Details:
Full-Time, 40 Hours Weekly (M-F/8A-5P)Additional Information:
BLS, CMA (nationally approved certification)Benefits:
What You Will Do
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long term / Short Term disability
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
- 403b with company match
- Paid vacation time off
- Faith based work environment
- Legal services and much more!
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
What You Will Need
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, and record information on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credential from the American Medical Certification Association also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Allied Health National Certification and Registration obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Why Join Our Team
- High school diploma or GED required.
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system offering rewarding healthcare careers to the caregivers of Southern Alabama and Northwest Florida communities. When you join our care teams, you join a vast network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work