Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of "Best outcome every patient every time" through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation's fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream. Registered Nurse Full Time, fully benefitted position, 36 hours/week, 7P-7A most units UnityPoint Health Methodist- Proctor -Pekin Nurse Residency Program and Direct Hire Positions
What to expect: When you apply for a New Graduate RN Position you will indicate which tracks or units interest you. With the help of our Nurse Residency Coordinator you'll pinpoint the areas that can offer you the best experience for your passion in nursing. You will then meet with a panel to determine the track or unit that will be the best fit for you. Each track contains multiple hospital units allowing you to get a well-rounded beginning nursing experience!Tracks we currently offer
*Please note: spots are limited in each track or unit per graduating class.*Please note: If you are a new graduate looking to work in a department not included in our clinical residency program or interested in a direct hire opportunity please apply here as well.
- Medical Track - Specialties Include: Neurology, Oncology, and General Medical
- Post Operative Med-Surg Track - Specialties Include: General Surgery, Plastics, and Orthopedics
- Heart and Lung Track - Specialties Include: Cardiac and Respiratory
- Post Acute Care Track - Specialties Include: Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing Unit
- Behavioral Health Track - Specialties Include: Adult, Adolescent, Senior and Community Behavioral Health
- Emergency Department Track - Rotation through two emergency departments including a Level 2 Trauma Center and a Designated Stroke Ready Facility
- OR Track- Specialties Include: General, Gyne, ENT, G/U, Orthopedic and Neuro Surgical Procedures
- Critical Care Track-Specialties Include: Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit and Intensive Care Unit
What should I expect as a new grad nurse?The Nurse Residency Classes are mandatory for all nurses with less than 1 year of hospital experience.
Nursing Residents will attend six classes over a six month time frame. Speakers will include nurse educators, nurse leaders, advanced practice nurses, physicians, chaplains, dietitians, wound care nurses and more! You will have one-on-one training with an experienced nurse preceptor and be enrolled in our Mentor Program for 2 years. Class content will include: • Communication • Holistic Care & Clinical Decision Making • Care of the Body • Core Measures & Infection Management • Nursing Professional Development & Practice • Adult Emergencies & Mock Code Blue
New Grad positions offer a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options, PTO, and 401(k).
The starting pay for new graduate RNs is $27.00/hr for any position in a 24/7 bedside position and $24.79/hr for any position in a procedural area.
Qualifications Who can apply:
- New graduate nurses and any nurse with less than one year of prior hospital experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing (currently pursuing) required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- RN License in State of IL upon graduation
- Valid CPR required prior to start date as RN, must remain valid within 60 days of start date
Posting ID: 593239928Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Registered Nurse