Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Human Resources and Employee Health contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to new and injured/ill team members. Effectively coordinates and manages the injured/ill worker. Conducts all pre and post hire screenings, immunizations, and/or physicals as needed and assures regulatory compliance with JC, IDPH, OSHA, CDC, and any other regulatory bodies. Assists with the development, administration and evaluation of Trinity's Employee Health Programs.
Responsibilities New Hire Assessment
- Coordinates and facilitates the new employee, Pre-Placement Assessment process
including, but not limited to:
Post Injury Follow Up
- Urine Drug Screen
- Health History Questionnaire
- Health Assessment
- TB Screening - 2 Step TB test, QuantiFERON-TB Gold, Chest X-Ray (if applicable)
- Varicella status
- Vaccination counseling
- Hepatitis B
- Respiratory Fit testing (if applicable)
Annual Testing Programs
- Provides first aid services and routine testing including, but not limited to:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Dressing changes
- Suture removal
- Flu vaccines
- Weight, height
- Health counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies for follow-up care
- May submit first report of injury to Worker's Compensation Third Party Administrator
- May assist in coordinating placement of team members in Trinity's Alternative Duty Program, working closely with management staff to promote positive outcomes.
- Coordinates and administers annual Flu vaccination programs
- Conducts training sessions for team members designated to perform annual Respiratory Fit Testing
- Collaborates with Office Coordinator to ensure appropriate record keeping
- Identifies, develops and facilitates employee health/safety training, as needed to educate leadership and staff on most current employee health/safety issues.
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program. BSN degree, preferred Experience:
Prefer (1) year of hospital clinical or medical office experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency. License(s)/Certification(s):
Current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Illinois and Iowa. Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent nursing clinical skills and ability to address health related problems.
- Ability to provide assessment and care to a population that includes adult and geriatric patient.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point and ability to effectively utilize internet
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting ID: 593240698Posted: 2021-02-24Job Title: Rn