Under the general supervision of the Manager of Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health
Outpatient Services will provide mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders; plans treatment modalities, coordinates treatment plans and follows. May provide crisis evaluation as needed.
- Performs diagnostic assessments, collecting diagnostic information, determining immediate treatment plans for patients. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
- Provides direct, intensive psychiatric therapy to individuals, families and/or groups identified as having psychiatric disorders.
- Coordinates with Crisis Stabilization Unit, Robert Young Center Inpatient Unit, and/or local emergency departments for clients presenting that may be a danger to self or others.
- Maintains records according RYC and accreditation standards MRO, Joint Commission, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances.
- Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and patient needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
- Develops RYC treatment plan and monitor, its completion and revision
Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a related field.Experience:
Two years experience in a community mental health setting.License(s)/Certification(s):
- Hold a current license from the Iowa Department of Public Health, Board of Social Work or Behavioral Sciences Board in one of the following - Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family.
- Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state, as required for position. Must obtain license in secondary state within 6 months as required for position.
Posting ID: 593240770Posted: 2021-03-10